What could possibly be more delicious than the layers of caramel and nougat coated in thick milk chocolate that make up the classic Mars Bar? Turning them into balls. Yep; once again our favourite kooky recipe creator, Phoodie has given us serious food envy with this delicious sweet snack.
265g Sweetened condensed milk
250g Arnott’s Choc Ripple biscuits (or other plain chocolate cookie)
4 heaped teaspoons Milo
2/3 cup Coco Pops
3 Fun Size Mars Bars – chop into quarters. (You only need 2 and 1/4 but you can nibble on the rest!)
Milo – to roll balls in
1. Blitz the Choc Ripple biscuits into a fine crumb and place in a bowl.
2. Add in Milo, Coco Pops and Condensed Milk and work into a ball, start with a wooden spoon and then use your hands to combine fully.
3. Grab off a heaped tablespoon’s worth of mixture and flatten. Place 1/4 fun sized Mars Bar piece in the centre (as per image below) and fold mixture over then roll into a ball.
4. Roll ball into Milo and place on baking paper lined tray. Repeat with all of the mixture – you should make approximately 9 balls, depending on the size you make them.
5. Eat them straight away or on same day, preferably. Can be stored for up to 48 hours in tupperware.
Phoodie’s culinary obsession began when she was 3. Cooking, recipe writing and eating, with both her Greek and Lebanese grandmothers, comprise her fondest childhood memories. She currently runs Phoodie, a blog for everyone with a passion or food. Phoodie can be found on Facebook here, Instagram here and she tweets here.