Original is always better. Whether it be in movies (The Karate Kid), fashion (Louis Vuitton handbag copies) or beauty (Dior Pure Poison), the remakes – why fix something that isn’t broken?
The 90s is such a trending era, renowned for its fashion (crop tops), beauty (dark plum lips), brightly coloured gerberas and epic saxaphone solos and African drums in every song. It was the original and the best.
RNB soul band, Brown Sugar and DJ Trey are fellow 90s enthusiasts and they’ve recently embraced the concept of ‘original’, announcing that they’re heading back to their original venue – The Sydney Hilton Hotel’s Marble Bar.
Every Friday night from October 23, they’ll be back pumping out the best in old school and new hits and to celebrate, they’ve given us their top 90s wedding hits that are guaranteed to get your guests on the dance floor.
Top 10 90s Songs
1. Shy Guy – Diana King
2. This Is How We Do It – Montell Jordan
3. Everyday People – Arrested Development
4. End Of The Road – Boyz II Men
5. Killing Me Softly – The Fugees
6. No Diggity – BLACKstreet
7. Return Of The Mack – Mark Morrison
8. Fantasy – Mariah Carey
9. Tell Me – Groove Theory
10. No Scrubs – TLC
And, because Brown Sugar also play songs from the 70s and 80s, we’ve got their ‘old’ old school hit picks.
1. Blame it on the Boogie – Jackson 5
2. Signed Sealed Delivered – Stevie Wonder
3. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
4. September – Earth Wind & Fire
5. Best Of My Love – The Emotions
6. Sexual Healing – Marvin Gaye
7. All Nite Long – Lionel Richie
8. I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
9. The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
10. Every Little Step – Bobby Brown
Life members of Brown Sugar perform with Delta Goodrem, Jessica Mauboy, Guy Sebastian and Ricki Lee, making the group one of Sydney’s most popular R&B Soul bands. From October 23, Brown Sugar will go back to their ‘original’ venue, The Sydney Hilton Hotel’s Marble Bar, playing the best old school and new music every Friday evening for guests to enjoy over a cocktail (or two). To join the weekly party, head to Marble Bar from 8pm (B1, 488 George Street Sydney).
Main image source: Vogue Germany, iStock, Hayley Paige, Brown Sugar