After he’s popped the question to her, she’s popped another important question to you.
“Will you be my Maid of Honour?”
But, once your initial excitement wears off, the realisation that you have no idea what you’re meant to do sets in.
Fear not, dear Fairies; here is the ultimate MoH checklist of things you need to do before the wedding.
1. Create a wedding-themed Pinterest board to share with your BB (bestie bride).
2. Be on your ‘wedding game’ 24/7 and get ready to take photos whenever you see something you think BB would love.
3. Add in any upcoming wedding expos and fairs into your Outlook calendar and be prepared to be the designated driver.
4. Go wedding dress shopping with BB and give her your honest, yet gentle opinion on each gown.
5. Learn what dress bustling means and perfect this fine art (hint: you’ll need it on the wedding day).
6. Go shopping with the bridesmaids and help select outfits and accessories.
7. Have BB’s back whenever the other bridesmaid’s whinge about her bridezilla tendencies.
8. Offer to pay for you bridesmaid outfit.
Image from Georgia and Anthony’s wedding. Photography by GM Photographics
9. Assist with wedding planning.
10. Attend any wedding supplier meetings that you’re invited to.
11. Put your hand up to coordinate the DIY or craft-related wedding tasks (addressing envelopes, anyone?).
12. Plan the bachelorette party and the bridal shower.
13.Attend wedding rehearsals and pre-wedding parties.
14. Offer your contact information on the invitation so that guests can come to you with their questions about the wedding (and not bug the bride).
15 Prep for the MOH speech (click here for tips on this).
16. Lend a shoulder for the bride to cry on whenever she gets stressed, anxious or nervous about the Big Day.
Image from Stephanie and George’s wedding. Photography by Michal Kriesch.
Main image from Sivan and Paul’s wedding. Photography by Adonis Kekidakis.