Jessica Sepel has taken social media by storm with her pages filled with healthy inspiration and tips – and now she’s released a wholefoods cookbook – The Healthy Life. When she asked Wedded Wonderland whether we’d like the chance to publish a recipe, we jumped for at the opportunity!
Our tip? Prep everything the evening before, pack in a container (sans the salad dressing) and store in the fridge overnight. The next morning, you’ve got a tasty and healthy lunch that will make all your colleagues jealous.
PREP TIME: 1 HOUR, INCLUDING COOKING
4 whole beetroot, peeled and diced into small cubes
Himalayan salt and ground
200 g green beans, topped and tailed, halved lengthways
1 orange capsicum, halved and seeded
1 red capsicum, halved and seeded
1 yellow capsicum, halved and seeded
2 large handfuls of mixed lettuce leaves
100 g goat’s cheese or fetta, crumbled
2 tbsp cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ cup roughly chopped roasted walnuts
a handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced).
2. Toss the beetroot in the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender.
3. Roast the capsicums on a baking tray until the skins shrink. When they are ready, cool and rinse under water to peel.
4. Steam the beans for 4–5 minutes or until tender.
5. Place the mixed lettuce leaves on a large platter. Top with the beans, beetroot and sliced roasted capsicum, followed by the cheese. Drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad and scatter over the walnuts and mint leaves to serve.
THE HEALTHY LIFE by Jessica Sepel is published by Pan Macmillan, RRP $34.99.To be part of the JSHealth Reboot challenge, sign up to the @thewellnest.glow Instagram account.