2014 has been a big year for celebrity engagements and weddings, and boy oh boy were there some show stoppers! From Kim and Kanye’s baseball park proposal which featured a personal serenade to Kim by music superstar Lana Del Ray to Nicky Hilton’s Parisian proposal in front of the Eiffel Tower, celebs sure know how to create a buzz when it comes to popping the question.
And who could forgot the shock (and crushing of dreams) of all women worldwide when the world’s most eligible bachelor Mr George Clooney declared his love for Amal Alamaddin.
But let’s talk about what really matters. The ring! The emerald cut and brilliant solitaire were a firm favourite with bespoke designs mixing things up a little for Ashlee Simpson Johnny Depp’s leading lady Amber Heard. Fun Fact: Amber Heard in fact didn’t get to wear her ring till months after the proposal as it was too big, so good ol’ Johnny kept it safe on his ring finger until it was resized.
So scroll through our top celebrity engagements of 2014 and ogle the stunning engagement rings one can only dream of.
1. Star of Girls Allison Williams engaged to Ricky Van Veen
2. Amal Alamuddin engaged to George Clooney
3. Amber Heard engaged to Johnny Depp
4. Ashlee Simpson engaged to Dianne Ross’ son Evan Ross
5. Christina Aguilera engaged to Matthew Rutler
6. Julia Roberts niece Emma Roberts engaged to Evan Peters
7. Gabrielle Union engaged to NBA star Dwyane Wade
8. Geri Halliwell engaged to Formula 1 team boss Christian Horner
9. Kim Kardashian engaged to Kanye West
10. Lauren Conrad engaged to William Tell
11. Gossip girl star Leighton Meester engaged to Adam Brody
12. Mila Kunis engaged to Ashton Kutcher
13. Hotel heiress Nicky Hilton engaged to wealthy Aristocrat James Rothschild
14. Nicole Trunfio engaged to guitarist and actor Gary Clark, Jr
15. Olivia Palermo engaged to Johannes Huebl