Marrying your man is not just a lone purchase… When you say your vows, you best be aware that you are tying the knot with his family too. So, it’s definitely a good idea to make sure you have a good relationship with your future in-laws.
Here are 9 ways to get in their good books.
1. Invite your mother-in-law to your dress fittings – remember that you are just as much her daughter now that you are Wedding her son!
2 Don’t expect your in-laws to play a hefty hand with the Wedding expenses – and if they insist, be sure to be grateful for their input!
3. Just as you’d usually have a father-daughter dance, allow time for a dance with your new father-in-law.
4. Consider allocating your future Hubby’s sister as one of your Bridesmaids – or if he has a little sister, a flower girl!
5. If you’re in a bit of a pickle with his family, don’t play the devil’s advocate and make him choose a side. Be civil, be mature and make compromises!
6. Invite his immediate family over for dinner at yours – your cooking skills will be put to the test, Fairies, so put that apron on and show them what you’re made of!
7. Hold a pampering session with girls from your family and girls from his family. Girl-time is essential, and what better way to have some bonding time than while getting your nails done?
8. Always give your in-laws an update with the wedding planning – remember that no person likes anything more than being appreciated and included, especially for such an important event.
9. Just because you’re Marrying into their family – and of course it’s exciting – but try not to be that girl who wants to talk about her wedding and nothing else…
Image from Rebecca and Michael’s Wedding. Photography by Nadine Saacks Photography.