If you’re looking to change up the traditional wedding vows and add in your own personal spin, look no further than these 17 swoon-worthy and tear-jerking quotes.
1. I wanna make you smile whenever you’re sad, carry you around when your arthritis is bad, all I wanna do is grow old with you. I’ll get your medicine when your tummy aches, build you a fire if the furnace breaks, oh it could be so nice, growing old with you. I’ll miss you, kiss you, give you my coat when you are cold. Need you, feed you, even let you hold the remote control. So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink, put you to bed when you’ve had too much to drink, oh I could be the man (woman) who grows old with you, I wanna grow old with you. – from The Wedding Singer
2. Jamie Marie, from this day forward I promise to be worth it. Worth the time. Worth the trip. Worth the energy. Worth the embarrassment. Worth your love. I promise that you will always count. You will always come first, and of course, if you don’t for whatever reason, I will buy you some shoes. From the moment you entered my world, you have filled it with life, colour and energy like never before … like kool-aid in a mud puddle … or a cupcake in a salad … or a rose garden in a junk yard. You are my rose, Jamie Marie, and I promise to devote my life to being your dirt. – From the real wedding of celebrity comedian John Caprulo
Image from Chelsea and Peter’s wedding. Photography by Simon Peter Taylor.
3. When I say, ‘I love you’, it’s not because I want you or because I can’t have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I’ve seen your kindness and your strength. I’ve seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You’re a hell of a woman/man. You’re the one. – From Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4. You are my inspiration and my soul’s fire. You are the magic of my days. You help me laugh, you teach me love. You provide a safe place for me, unlike I’ve ever known. You free me to sing my own song. You are more of an amazement to me, each day I rediscover you. You are my greatest boon. I am yours. You are mine. Of this we are certain. You are lodged in my heart. The small key is lost. You must stay there forever. – from Frau Ava, 1100
5. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride. So I love you because I know no other way
than this. Where I does not exist, nor you. So close that your hand on my chest is my hand. So close that your eyes close as I fall asleep. – Pablo Neruda
Image from Rash and Sayed’s wedding. Photography by Candid Image.
6. You are my husband/wife, My feet shall run because of you, My feet dance because of you,My heart shall beat because of you, My eyes see because of you, My mind thinks because of you, And I shall love because of you. – Eskimo Love Song
7. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. — from When Harry Met Sally
8. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. — Ephesians 4:2
9. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. — A.A. Milne
10. It’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day. — from The Notebook
11. I love your feet, because they have wandered over the earth and through the wind and water
until they brought you to me. – Pablo Neruda
12. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get only with what you are expecting to give – which is everything. —Katharine Hepburn
13. He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began. – Leo Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina
14. You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. — Dr. Seuss
15. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. — Emily Brontë’s Wuthering Heights
Image from Rayyan and Ezzeddine’s wedding. Photography by Filmography.
16. And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.—The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
17. Love is not an affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained. —C.S. Lewis
Main image from Deanne and Matty’s wedding. Photography by Dolce Vita Photography & Video.