We are absolutely drooling over this Fig & Pistachio chocolate dessert!
This decadent bark is Jessica Sepel’s favourite chocolatey thing to enjoy, especially as a after dinner snack.
Whip up this fantastic, scrumptious treat that can be broken down into proportional sizes!
Get the recipe details below!
Fig & Pistachio Choc Bark recipe
50 minutes, including freezing
1/2 cup virgin organic coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon hulled tahini
3/4 tablespoons maple syrup, rice malt syrup, raw honey or coconut sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra
for sprinkling (optional); a pinch of Celtic sea salt, 1/3 cup pistachio kernels, roughly chopped, 1/3 cup dried figs, cut into small chunks
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the cacao powder, tahini and sweetener of choice, whisking constantly to stop any lumps forming. Stir in the cinnamon and salt, then remove from the heat.
3. Set the pan aside for about 5 minutes so the mixture cools slightly and begins to set.
4. Pour the mixture evenly onto the baking paper – you want the bark to be about 5 – 8 mm thick.
5. Scatter the pistachios and figs over the chocolate mixture and finish with a sprinkle of extra cinnamon if you wish.
6.Cover with plastic film and put it in the freezer for 30 – 40 minutes or until set firm. You can then break it into irregular shards. For the best texture, enjoy it straight from the freezer.
Jessica Sepel has just released The JSHealth Program an 8-week plan to quit diets forever, reach your balanced weight and live the healthy life. It’s full of amazing recipes, cooking demos, meal plans and tips to increase energy levels, manage stress and heal a complex relationship with food. Her second book, Living the Healthy Life (with over 160 AMAZING delicious recipes), goes hand in hand with the Program and can be found in all good bookstores and online from her website: http://www.jessicasepel.com. PLUS EXCLUSIVE to Wedded Wonderland fairies, we’re able to offer you $25 OFF just by using the discount code: JSHEALTH25 when purchasing online!