There’s nothing sexier than perfectly flicked winged eyeliner. It elongates and opens up your eyes, creates a sexy cat eye shape and gives you a more sultry, exotic look.
For some girls it can be as easy as 1, 2, 3 but, the rest of us tend to end up with squiggly, uneven, smeared lines, rather than a graceful flick. However, once you learn the correct technique it all comes down a bit of practice to perfect that flick.
We spoke with the talented Melanie from Milani Joy Make-up who demonstrated the easiest way to perfect your winged eyeliner with these 8 easy steps.
1. Start with a clean eye shadow base applied with primer, or a natural colour shadow – depending on personal preference.
2. Draw a line from the corner of your eye towards the end of eyebrow. The length of your line depends on individual preference.
3. Starting at the middle of your eye draw a line against your lash line, joining with flick you’ve just created.
4. Start drawing a thin line from the inner corner of your eye to meet the centre.
5. Now that your line is created, go back to the flick and draw a second line to create the desired thickness. Ensure the line blends from the inner to the outer corners of your eye.
6. Colour in the created shape. Tip: focus on filling in gaps between lashes. At this point, if you wish to extend flick, now is the time to do. Make sure if you do though your line remains smooth.
7. With a small concealer brush clean edges of the flick to eliminate any jagged edges. Repeat as often as required for a super clean line.
8. To prevent seeing a gap from the top to bottom of the eye, blend the black with a clean brush from the outer corner into the flick. Repeat as often as desired until it’s blended.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab that eyeliner and start practicing the perfect flick!