A dairy gluten and nut free Sunday brunch recipe that will have your hubby grinning from ear to ear!
1 zucchini (150g), grated
100g broccoli florets, finely grated
2 spring onions, white part only, thinly sliced
1/4 cup (10g) fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Bioglan Kale Powder
1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2–3 teaspoons Bioglan Coconut Oil, for frying
1 tablespoon Bioglan Chia Seeds
2 tablespoons fresh dill sprigs
Camu avo smash
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon Bioglan Camu Powder
1 avocado, smashed or diced
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
1. Put zucchini, broccoli, spring onions, mint, kale powder and lime zest in a large bowl and toss to combine.
2. Add eggs, salt and pepper, and mix to combine before stirring in coconut flour.
3. Warm a frying pan over medium heat and add 1/2 teaspoon of the coconut oil, allowing it to melt. At this stage it’s great to warm a plate in the oven to pop the fritters on and keep warm while the others are cooking.
4. Measure a heaped tablespoon of batter and gently drop into the pan, spreading ever so slightly to create a nice shape. The trick to keeping your fritters looking lovely is to cook slightly longer on one side and less on the other so one side stays a pretty golden colour. Aim to cook for 4 minutes on one side and 2–3 minutes on the other. Keep warm while you cook the remaining batter, adding more coconut oil as needed.
5. While the fritters are cooking, make the camu avocado smash by whisking the lime juice and camu powder together. Pour over the avocado, add the chives and gently toss or smash.
6. Plate your fritters and top with avo smash, a sprinkle of chia seeds and a sprig of dill to serve.
This recipe was contributed by Jacqueline Alwill from NSW and is published in Bioglan’s The Superfood’s Kitchen.