If you’re anything like us, you probably have a sweet tooth, which means you’re extra excited for the sugar fest that is Easter.
Our good friend and dessert connoisseur, Viola Marie of Project Sweet Stuff, has more than a few tasty treats up her sleeve, just in time for the sugary season.
For a good old fashioned Australian Easter, we’re bringing you Project Sweet Stuff’s Easter Berry Chocolate Pavlova.
Store bought pavlova (for easy use. Non-lazy bakers are free to whip one up from scratch)
Store bought seasonal berries
2 figs, cut into quarters
1 large Easter egg
5 medium Easter eggs
A handful of small Easter eggs
300ml thickened cream (for the chocolate topping)
150 grams dark chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Using an electric beater or standalone mixer, whip the thickened cream on medium speed. As the cream starts to thicken (it should still appear to be liquid), slowly add the melted chocolate and vanilla essence.
- Whip the mixture until stiff peaks appear.
- Generously smear the top of the pavlova with chocolate cream.
- Using the large chocolate egg as the centrepiece, place the large and medium eggs on top of the chocolate cream.
- Add the berries and figs.
- Once you’re satisfied with how the berries are placed, scatter the handful of small chocolate eggs on top.