Last night, we were blessed with the reality TV-gold that is Channel 7’s Australia’s Cheapest Weddings; not only did we witness some very happy couples experience the best day of their lives, but we got to see them pull it off on extreme wedding budgets.
So, future brides, it’s time to learn from the best, here are the eight of the best moments from Australia’s Cheapest Weddings.
1. Love is literally a battlefield
2. Even if your mum is a clairvoyant and promises good weather on your wedding day, you still need a plan B
3. Robes CAN be worn as outwear… but only on your wedding day
4. You’re never to old to have your fairy-tale wedding #Sally&Alex4ever
5. Never use a mobile phone to play your first dance song
6. If you’ve got chewing gum in your mouth, swallow it. #WiseWords
7. It looks darn hard to recite poetry and sing while you’re performing your first dance as husband and wife
8. If there’s one day you can be sickly sweet, it’s your wedding day
Images and video from Channel 7.