Taline Gabrielian of Hippie Lane knows a thing or two about delicious treats that just happen to be as healthy as they are tasty! Her Christmas Raweo recipe has us all drooling and we can’t wait to try it at home and impress our friends.
1 cup pecans
1 cup walnuts
1 cup medjool dates
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
Pinch of salt
1 tsp pure vanilla powder
5 tbsp cacao powder
2 cup cashews (soaked for 2+ hours)
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
1 tsp vanilla powder
1-2 tsp beetroot powder
1/2 – 1 tsp spirulina / green powder
1. Process nuts in a food processor until small pieces form.
2. Add the rest of the biscuit ingredients and process until mixture reaches a dough-like consistency.
3. Roll mixture into a large ball and flatten on cutting board with a rolling pin.
4. Cut in circle and star shapes with cookie cutters and refrigerate until firm. You can freeze to speed up the process.
5. Drain cashews and blitz with rice malt, coconut oil and vanilla in the food processor. Mixture should be creamy and smooth.
6. Divide the mixture into three portions. In one portion, add beetroot powder and mix well. In the second portion, add the spirulina and combine well. You can add more or less powder based on the taste and colour that you desire. Leave the third portion as is.
7. Spread fillings onto chilled cookies and sandwich together.
8. Store cookies in the fridge. I rolled leftover filling into bliss balls and coated them with desiccated coconut.
NB. If you use beetroot juice, use it sparingly and reduce the coconut oil to a minimum.