You’d never know, but this winning recipe has no hidden sugars. Created by healthy foodie, Carolyn Hartz, this recipe is available in her latest cook book, Sugar Free Baking.
250g light fresh ricotta
220g light cream cheese
250g low fat natural yoghurt
90g Perfect Sweet® xylitol
2 X-Large eggs
Zest of 1 lime, finely grated
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan-forced. Line the base of a 20cm spring form pan with baking paper.
2. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Use an electric beater to beat at medium speed until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until set and a round bladed knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake to cool in oven with the door slightly ajar.
5. Run a knife around the edge of cheesecake to loosen, remove the side of the pan and refrigerate cheesecake to chill until cold, preferably overnight.
VARIATION: Lemon Cheesecake | Replace the lime zest with zest of 1 lemon.
RECIPE TIP: Leaving the cheesecake to cool in the oven helps prevent the surface from cracking.
Sugar Free Baking is $29.95 and stockists are listed on www.sweetlife.com.au