The current Wedding restrictions in New South Wales and Victoria are as follows as at September 20th 2021. Although restrictions on Weddings have been outlined, we at Wedded Wonderland are campaigning to open the Wedding Industry in line with the Hospitality Industry in NSW through the #saveourweddings petition. In regards to Victoria, we are discussing the new roadmap outlined with industry peers to determine if campaigning is required. Click here to sign the petition and share.
New South Wales:
A maximum of 11 people can attend a Wedding service in Greater Sydney, these include:
- A person legally required to conduct the Wedding service (Celebrant or Officiant)
- The 2 people getting Married
- The 2 necessary witnesses
- A person recording the service or
- Up to 5 guests
From 20th of September, anyone in an LGA area of concern is permitted to attend a small Wedding (max. 11 people) in Greater Sydney as a guest (previously only allowed in their LGA).
Click here for NSW restrictions and further information.
Victorian Premier Dan Andrews has unveiled the state’s roadmap, with Wedding restrictions to be eased for our Couples. Below is a breakdown of easing of restrictions once vaccination targets are reached:
26th of October – 70% fully vaccinated:
- Indoors DQ4 and 30 cap
- Outdoors DQ2 and 100 cap (caps not inclusive of Marrying Couple plus those necessary to conduct Wedding)
5th of November – 80% fully vaccinated:
- Indoors DQ4 and 150 cap
- Outdoors DQ2 and 500 cap
- Unknown vaccination status: 10 people per Wedding
- DQ4 for Marrying Couple plus those necessary to conduct Wedding
Click here for Victoria’s Roadmap and further information.