Let’s be honest, there are some things that only girls will understand. How chocolate cures everything, the thrill of finding the perfect pair of shoes, the importance of perfume on a man and exactly how bad pick up lines can be.
So, when Wedded Wonderland accepted the challenge of finding the worst pick-up line ever, we thought it would be easy. Talk to a few girls, drink a little wine and and spend some quality time on Google.
The problem is, after a lot of intense debate and some real horror stories, we still couldn’t decide on THE worst pick up line. There are just too many out there, so instead we have our top ten!
- If you were a steak, you’d be well done.
- Do I know you? Cause you look a lot like my next girlfriend.
- Are you religious? Because you’re the answer to all my prayers.
- I lost my number. Can I have yours?
- Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got fine written all over you!
- Is your Dad a baker? Cause you’ve got some hot buns.
- Breathe if you like me. (or Blink if you want me – these seemed the same kind of bad)
- Are you an orphanage? Cause I want to give you kids.
- Do you have a band aid cause I scraped my knee when I fell for you?
- Were those pants made on the moon? Because your ass is out of this world.
The question is, where or why did the pick-up line originate? We’re pretty sure the pick-up line originated round about the time women and men came to existence. I mean, didn’t Adam use a pick-up line on Eve? (Think about that one) So pick up lines are pretty old, but they do have a purpose.
What is the purpose? Simple. Men (usually the culprits) use pick up lines as an opener. Now let’s not diss all pick-up lines, because put yourself in his shoes for a second. You’re a hot lady spending the night with your girlfriends. That’s a hard barrier to break through. Instead of fumbling to get your name, a guy might break the ice with a pick up line. Some of them are bad and a lot of them make us cringe. But some can actually be pretty funny. They might make you laugh and they can inspire a conversation that goes somewhere.
How to manage the “Pick-Up Liner.” If you can see that the guy is nervous and you are at least somewhat interested, laugh it off and give him a break. He just want to start talking to you and you might actually be his next girlfriend! Take a sip of your drink and smile. You don’t know where it might lead.
How to get rid of the “Pick-Up Liner.” Now, if you know it is plain creepy and sleazy and you’d never go there, don’t feed the ego. Just brush it off and respond with something like “Umm, yep nice try” and keep waiting for the next guy. We’re sure they’ll be someone with a much better line coming.
For the guys reading this, here are some quick wiki tips on delivery.
For the ladies, let us know which line made you cringe the most!