Summer is fast approaching and we all know that you can’t go wrong with some sun, fun and a few drinks! Whether it’s a backyard BBQ or a laidback summer engagement party, there’s one thing that you definitely need – the perfect cocktail!
We spoke to Christine Ousman, Director of Deluxe & Co Beverage Catering. In her job, Christine has taste tested all the best cocktails and juice recipes. So to help you, we’ve got her five best tips for your summer celebrations!
Christine’s quick tips
- Allow for at least one alcoholic beverage per person. If it’s an all-day event where food will be served, make that two instead.
- The perfect drink for summer is a Sangria. You can either make them in advance or on the day of the party, using red or white wine as your base. It’s also a great option for both men or women (the guys even love the fresh fruit in it!)
- Make sure you use quality liquor in any recipes. Also, fresh fruit is refreshing and just right for the summer months
- Be aware some recipes do take more time than others – you might need to leave things to infuse overnight.
- Have some nonalcoholic options. Consider blended juices with ice over diary, because they will stay cooler for longer. My personal favourite is pineapple and apple blended with ice… nice and tangy!