So many brides research and purchase their dream wedding gown online. With the click of a button you can save yourself a heap on money and also get your hands on a dress that none of your friends would have seen before.
If you’re considering an online purchase, hold your credit card! We’ve spoken with Tamara from My Private Tailor to find out what the biggest mistake that Brides-To-Be make when it comes to online wedding shopping.
Tamara says that the biggest mistake brides make when ordering online is misunderstanding the sizing.
So, before you purchase, Tamara recommends that you:
- Go to an expert to get measured up.
- Print out a measuring chart or diagram from the designer that shows exactly where the measurements should be taken.
- Measurements are taken differently depending on which country you’re from, so make sure you are clear and give precise information to the tailor/seamstress who will be measuring you to avoid a major meltdown.
- Consider the height of shoe you are wearing and take this into account for extra length.
- If you are curvaceous, you add extra length allowances. The longer the better, as you can always alter and shorten the hem of a dress; but you can rarely lengthen.
My Private Tailor combines more than 20 years of experience in the custom tailoring industry to bring you Australia’s first premium tailoring experience which combines styling and expert fit consultation.