While 2020 was extremely difficult for couples and businesses alike, we are excited to welcome 2021 and with it, begin to celebrate the many weddings that were previously postponed.
While making New Year’s resolutions is a tradition honoured worldwide every year, we believe our goals for next year will be a little different than usual. After a rollercoaster ride of a year, we are so excited for a fresh start.
You can do this! Here are the top 10 New Year’s resolutions from the Wedded Wonderland team:
- Spend more time with family and friends: Following a year of social distancing and quarantine, take the time to spend with loved ones and those important to you. Swap texts with face to face catch ups, and free up your schedule for that family dinner.
- Take time for you: It’s easy to get caught up in your work schedule and neglect yourself, but in 2021, take time to do things for you! Get your hair done, go for a walk, buy that dress you’ve been wanting. You can’t be the best version of yourself if you don’t love you.
- Volunteer: With social restrictions changing, volunteers are needed now more than ever to help local communities, businesses and families rebuild and get back on their feet.
- Live your dreams: Think in possibilities and not limitations. Make 2021 the year you take the leap and do something you’ve always wanted to do. Be fearless, we know you’ve got this!
- Make ethical choices: Though some decisions seem inconsequential, they pave the way for what we will do and how we will do it. It’s important to take into consideration the bigger picture, especially when decisions we make impact the health or livelihood of others and our planet.
- Explore your state: Following a year of restricted travel, why not plan your next weekend getaway or family holiday within NSW? Explore stunning destinations such as Lord Howe Island, the Hunter Valley and the Snowy Mountains.
- Challenge yourself: Set yourself a new challenge for the year. Whether you learn a new language or avoid fast food for a month, find something that will push you and stick to it!
- Discover your passion: Use your free time to pick up new skills, whilst having fun at the same time. Who knows, you might just find you’re passionate about something that will change your life.
- Start and end the day unplugged: Perhaps you struggle with separating your personal and professional life, or are addicted to social media. Whatever the case, take the time to begin and end your day unplugged, and feel better for it.
- Embrace change: New Year resolutions exist as proof that one wants change. You never know what life will bring, so it’s important to be receptive to new directions, opportunities and experiences.