Overnight, we heard the awful news that a 16-year old man from Mexico died from the hickey that his girlfriend gave him. Julio Gonzalez was at home with his family when he suddenly began having convulsions. His relatives called the ambulance immediately, but the paramedics weren’t able to save him.
The medical staff explained that the hickey was the cause of death. The bruise on his neck caused a blood clot which travelled to his brain, leading to a stroke.
Unfortunately, this isn’t a one-off case; a 44-year old New Zealand woman was left partially paralyzed in 2011 after a hickey led to a stroke. The small hickey on the right side of her neck caused the stroke and she has lost movement in her left arm. Luckily, doctors managed to get her anti-coagulant medication, meaning the clot dissolved a few days later, most likely saving her life.
Stay safe Fairies and think twice before getting too passionate with your hubby!