A handful of Australia’s most respected florists, floral stylists and interior designers converged on the InterContinental Sydney Double Bay for an exclusive seminar with the King of Flowers, Jeff Leatham. Like any event hosted by Wedded Wonderland no detail was overlooked, guests were treated with delicious desserts, great giveaways and beautiful blooms. While Jeff was charming the crowd with his celebrity stories, insider secrets and styling tips, we took notes so that we could share all the best bits!
- Jeff created a rose wall for Tina Turner’s wedding which took a whopping 34 hours to construct!
- As the Artistic Director of the Four Seasons George V Paris, Jeff gets an annual flower budget of $1.3 million.
- The most unusual celebrity request Jeff has had was for the wedding of Avril Lavigne and Nickleback’s Chad Kroeger who requested a ‘Harry Potter and dungeon goth theme’.
- Jeff’s favourite wedding planner to work with is the famous Mindy Weiss.
- Jeff’s response when asked whether he speaks French? ‘I do speak French and I speak even better when I’m a little bit drunk’
- Jeff on bridal table florals – ‘It’s really important to me, when speaking to brides, to create table art, because people sit there for the most of the wedding’
- Tina Turner’s wedding took two days and 4,000 bricks of oasis to construct!
- Jeff says that the most overlooked part of a wedding is often the florals on the table. “It’s really important to me when speaking to brides to create table art; because people sit at that table for most of the wedding”.
- What’s trending? ‘I think that at the moment brides are going away from traditional white weddings and embracing colour’.
- Jeff believes the only downside to social media is that ‘With Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest, brides are so confused and can’t make up their mind about the whole process of what they want their wedding to be.’
- The wedding dress plays a big part in how Jeff chooses wedding flowers. ‘Usually when I’m working with brides, I always want to see the dress. I ask the designer for some extra ribbon to tie around the bouquet. I’m trying to talk brides out of big bouquets because it can take away from the dress.’
Host Jeff Leatham Venue InterContinental Sydney Double Bay Photography Xsight Photography Videography Iconic Films Vases Florabelle Crystal Ware Waterford Crystal Flowers Ria Floral Hire items Decor of Distinction Desserts Sweet Oompa Loompas Audio Visual Jay Productions