On Monday March 8, Founder of Wedded Wonderland, Wendy El-Khoury hosted a ‘Morning with Wedded Wonderland’ online, and in-case you missed it, here are the highlights.
- The current wedding climate is different and as an industry we need to adapt to service these changes. Last minute weddings are huge right now and you must be able to service short term bookings in a clear and concise way. You must offer new contracts that take into account short term bookings, long term bookings, postponements and crisis procedures.
- Stress and anxiety is at an all-time high for couples and suppliers must be the voice of reason and reassurance for couples, allowing them to feel confident in going ahead with bookings.
- Create a supplier referral list and offerings in collaboration with other suppliers. This will benefit both you and the couples pulling together last-minute weddings and seeking your guidance.
- Be active on communication channels, create highlights on Instagram to focus on certain seasonal or monthly offerings.
- Have your COVID Compliance details clear and accessible on website and social media channels. You need to show couples you’ve been through the required government training so they can trust to book with you, as couples are generally weary of the constantly changing restrictions.
- HOT TIP – Minimal corporate events took place in 2020 and the government has released subsidies for businesses to host conferences, seminars and events. Even if you are predominantly servicing weddings, create corporate offers now- as the market is about to boom!
- Consider offering payment plans.
- Destination weddings are not happening in 2021, so create packages with a destination feel to cater to the couples now hosting local weddings.
- Couples are having multiple events to combat restricted guest numbers so be sure you are offering flexible options to capitalise off this.
- The industry was hit hard in 2020, with 60,000 weddings postponed to 2021 & 2022 so the time to sell hard is now. Remind everyone you’re still in business and offer up seasonal specials! Couples may be hesitant, but our industry is moving towards a boom.
For a full recap, watch the informative video below.